Thank you to everyone who entered the Williams-Sonoma gift card giveaway! I’m happy to announce that we’ve found a winner via Random.org. Sarah, contact me to collect your prize!
It’s no secret just how much I love Williams-Sonoma. It was the first place my husband and I registered, and it’s a place we still love to shop. So, I’m glad to be able to give one of you a $150.00 gift card!
I’m a big fan of keeping things classic in the kitchen. We have all sorts of whiteware and all of our appliances are either white or stainless steel. It makes mixing and matching very easy, and it keeps everything looking clean! That’s why I love the look of look of the classic, everyday Williams-Sonoma pantry dinnerware; beautiful, well-crafted Laguiole flatware; and the Picardie glass tumblers.
The one color we have added here and there in our kitchen is the beautiful Creuset lemongrass (shown above); we use our dutch oven and grill pan more than I can tell you! My other faves that are on constant duty in my kitchen are the microplane rasp grater and the pretty Pillivuyt Rectangular Baker.
I’d love to hear more about your favorites and to give each of you a chance to win a $150.00 gift card. Here’s how you can enter. First, visit Williams-Sonoma and create your registry. Then, come back here and leave a comment, letting me know that you’ve created your registry and telling me about your favorite item on your registry. If you’ve already created a registry, just add one more item to your registry, then leave me a comment mentioning what you added. This contest is open to anyone with a *wedding* registry. The contest ends on 3/7 at 5 PM EST. The randomly selected winner will be announced on 3/8. Good luck!
White dishes are to your pantry what the little black dress is to your closet. Don’t get me wrong, I bow at the altar of my china, but white dishes are the everyday, every dinner, every party workhorse. With a new napkin color, a new linen or different flatware, I have an entirely new table. It’s kind of like having neutral walls (big fan, by the way) – with little expense you can give a room (or table) new life with different accessories.
The brilliance of whiteware is that you can mix and match. Here are a few patterns that would be good starters for a collection…
Pottery Barn’s Great White
Queen Anne at Williams Sonoma
Anthropologie: paper pretender
Crate & Barrel: century (originally designed by Eva Zeisel)
I am so looking forward to the wintertime, when my schedule will slow down a bit and I’ll be able to enjoy some of the things that make me happiest…making home cooked meals (more than once a month!), entertaining, cooking for friends, and flipping through cook books for inspiration. If you love cooking & entertaining as much as I do, then I’m sure you’re going to love this giveaway: a $150 gift card to Williams-Sonoma.
Some of my favorite things from Williams-Sonoma are the Bonjour French Press, pantry dinnerware, the Breville Juicer (trust me, it makes the best juice you’ve ever had), anything (and everything) Laguiloe, and their amazing selection of cookbooks.
So, how can you win? First, visit Williams-Sonoma and create your registry. Then, come back here and leave a comment, letting me know that you’ve created your registry and telling me about your favorite item on your registry. This contest is open to anyone with a *wedding* registry.
If you’ve already created a registry, just add one more item to your registry, then leave me a comment mentioning what you added.
The contest ends on 9/7 at 5 PM EST. The randomly selected winner will be announced on 9/8. Good luck!
Williams-Sonoma is one of my favorite places to shop. Could it be the Sprinkles Cupcakes, or the shelves stocked with Le Creuset, or the brilliant gadgets that blend, chop and mix looking beautiful all the while? I’m not sure, but I do know that Williams-Sonoma was the first place Jon and I registered when we were planning our own wedding and that to this day, some of my favorite, tried-and-true kitchen gadgets came from our W-S registry.
Here are just a few things I couldn’t live without…
- The Le Creuset grill pan. We didn’t have a grill then an we don’t have one now. This grill pan is our saving grace when we’re craving fajitas or grilled chicken.
- My KitchenAid mixer. I joke that the KitchenAid is the official signal that you’ve arrived and have an adult kitchen. My KitchenAid has a special place in our kitchen and gets its fair share of use, whether I’m making sweet potato casserole for Thanksgiving or cupcakes on a Sunday night for two.
- Laguoile steak knives. They look beautiful on a table.
- The Le Creuset dutch oven. Five words: Ina Garten’s potato leek soup. Make it.
- Hemstitched napkins and placemats. You’ll be thankful for such a versatile set of linens.
- Register with W-S and leave a comment here on your favorite items.
- If you’re already registered, add at least five new items to your registry and come back to tell me about your favorite items on your list.
- The contest ends on 5/22. The winner will be announced on 5/23.
- This contest is only open for wedding registries and you must create a registry to enter